VP of Youth Development
|Location:||San Antonio, TX|
|Salary Range:||$90,000 - $115,000 DOE|
|Benefits:||We offer a robust benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, paid vacation, paid sick time, 9 paid holidays, complimentary Y membership, discount on Y programs, staff wellness program, and we contribute 12% to the Y Retirement plan upon completion of 2 years of qualified employment.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||With general guidance from the Chief Operating Officer, this position is responsible for the development, operation, administration, and leadership of all youth development and out-of-school-time programs for the YMCA of Greater San Antonio including early learning centers, after-school programs, summer camps, and teen programs. This executive will ensure the successful operation of all facets of youth development programs including curriculum, quality assurance, outcomes and measurements, staff leadership and development, community relations, collaborations, and financial results. The incumbent must understand the basic concepts, vision, and mission of the YMCA to facilitate the operation of existing programs and the development of new program initiatives. |
|Duties:||- Sets leadership direction, supervises, and directs youth development program directors, multi-site directors, and staff to ensure program standards. |
- Manages, directs, and coordinates all school-age programs, ensuring the highest quality in all locations.
- Develops and implements strategies to engage and motivate staff to achieve goals.
- Leads the staff team and volunteer groups to develop plans and programs meeting the vision of youth development for the YMCA of Greater San Antonio.
- Expands youth development programs within the communities we serve in accordance with strategic plans.
- Establishes an organizational structure to effectively interface with school districts and outside funding sources.
- Develops and maintains relationships with state child care licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations related to youth programs.
- Responds to all agency, parent, and community inquiries and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Develops and delivers reports and program statistics to relevant committees, the Board of Directors, the COO, and CEO as needed. Provides youth development expertise to assigned committees when applicable.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in youth programs to ensure the YMCA is a provider of choice.
- Develops, manages, and controls all budgets related to the position to ensure programs operate within budget, revenue targets are achieved, and expenses are controlled.
- Works with marketing team to produce informational material for promotional and public relations uses.
- Assumes a leadership role for annual Y Partners Campaign to raise funds for providing scholarships to youth development participants.
- Assures 100% compliance with state and local regulations related to youth programs.
- Leads staff team in adhering to all safety standards and guidelines established and approved by the YMCA of Greater San Antonio.
- Serves as key community communicator for YMCA plans and programs.
- Other tasks and assignments as directed by the COO and CEO/President.
• Must be able to see what is possible, while managing what is.
• Develops and creates high functioning team of experts to continue leadership development at all levels in youth development.
• Establishes and creates linkages to schools, Y branches, and communities we serve.
• Creates high quality program delivery and outcome measurements in all segments of youth development.
• Meets or exceeds financial expectations through monthly monitoring and accountability standards by working through others.
• Sets goals and objectives to align and expand youth development with the overall strategic plan of the YMCA of Greater San Antonio.
• Collaborates with financial development to explore innovative grant funding opportunities.
Bachelor’s degree in education, early childhood development, recreation or a related field is required. Must have at least 5 years of proven success in supervising both hourly and exempt staff. Upward career progression in early childhood and after-school programs is essential. Must possess or be able to acquire knowledge of Texas requirements for both state and local child care governance and licensing. Excellent time management and leadership skills required. Contemporary computer skills, including Mac experience, is important. This position requires certification of CPR Pro, AED, and First Aid within 60 days of hire; and Redwoods Online Training of BBP, Defensive Driving and Hazardous Communications within the first week of employment. Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to drive to multiple locations.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.